Edu World !
The Vaekke EYFS blog
Device-Free Learning for Toddlers: Let Your Child Learn the Heart Way
As the Coronavirus swept its way across the world, it disrupted the nature of learning. Governments shut down schools but education had to find a way to go on and in stepped gadget-centric learning methods. However, this form of education ultimately fuels dangerous addictions among kids.
But as with everything integral in life, education had to find a way to go on and in stepped gadget-centric learning, solutions to swoop in and save the day.
While eLearning has been around for a long time, the pandemic set the stage for the meteoric rise in popularity that we have witnessed today. Remote EdTech platforms have thrived since, but they have opened up a can of worms that parents had already been struggling with way before the pandemic: device addition.
According to a Common Sense Media Report, over 59% of parents feel that their kids have a device addiction problem.
While noble in their intentions, eLearning platforms have fanned the flames, continually availing temptation to an overly fragile age group that’s already struggling with self-control.
So is device-centric learning really the best way to go in light of the alarming rates of device addiction among preschoolers?
We believe a remote yet device-free learning solution like Vaekke offers a better alternative without any of the risks involved.
Demerits of Digital Device Usage On Kids
- Increased screen time and eye problems
- Playing addictive Mobile Video Games
- Unregulated usage of social media
- Emotional detachment with Parents
Children’s Engagement with Various Digital Devices
0-2 Aged Kids Uses
- 35% Tablet
- 49% Mobile
- 44% Computer
- 9% Gaming Device
3-4 Aged Kids Uses
- 64% Tablet
- 62% Mobile
- 21% Computer
- 21% Gaming Device
Digital Device Usage among Kids – What Do Parents Say?
- 68% say they get distracted while spending time with kids
- 88% believe it helps them learn new things
- 97% of parents say child watches videos on YouTube
- 75% say the platform exposes their child to different cultures
- 70% let children use them so that they could do chores
- 65% used them to keep their child calm in a public place
- 58% used them while running errands
- 29% used them to put their child to sleep
Ways to Determine Preschoolers’ Addiction to Gadgets
- Constantly checking their phones
- Acting out when you take away their gadgets
- Failing initiatives to reduce device usage
- Using gadgets for hours on end
- Developing unexplained eye strain
- Heading straight for their phones when back from an outing
How Parents Limit Device Usage for their kids
- 86% of parents limited the time of device usage
- 72% of parents use parental controls to restrict usage
- 80% of parents take away their kid’s smartphones as punishment
- 33% of parents track their children’s location
Harmful effects of Gadget on kids
- Affects their mental health
- Drop-in Academic Performance
- Leads to Inappropriate content
- Sleep Disruption
- Risk of Tumors
Youtube Usage Statistics
- Children between age 0-2: 57% & 3 – 4: 81% watch videos
- 80% of children watch youtube videos
- Each day, kids watch videos 35 to 19 times
- 67% of parents say it keeps kids engaged
- 43% of parents say they learn new things
- 27% of parents say they expose them to a different culture
What are the benefits of gadget-free education?
Gadget free education encourages your kid to explore & be themselves. It also offers:
- A simple learning environment with everyday home items
- Creative thinking that teaches real-world, problem-solving skills
- Plenty of socialization opportunities to build interpersonal skills
- Great motivation to learn, thanks to real-world curiosity
- Excellent motor and cognitive skills development
How Beneficial is Parent-Child Learning?
- Better communication between parents and kids
- Emotional availability toward the kid
- Parents get direct involvement in learning activities
- Increases positive parenting practice
- Improves child’s behavior
What good remote and gadget-free preschool programs are there?
Vaekke is a proven preschool program you could try. It has successfully helped over 3,000 students in its 25 years of service, and aims to:
- Help you build an emotional connection with your child
- Set up the proper foundation for higher education & emotional intelligence
- Tackle gadget addiction with device-free, remote learning
What features does Vaekke offer preschoolers and parents?
- 4-5 fun daily activity recommendations like balloon walking, free-hand painting & more
- EQ-centric learning that nurtures your parent-child bond
- Holistic curriculum focused on Froebel theory, real-world methodology, and Montessori pattern
- Routine feedback on your child’s progress through fun assessments
- Guide photos and videos to help you guide your child’s learning
- A completion certificate that increases chances of admission at good schools
- Goody box every 3 months containing essential learning stationery
To know more information about Vaekke, Make a call to 95261 26222